WHO IS RICHIE ONORI?
• As the Drummer for the recently reformed legendary group” Sweet” whose lifetime record sales have topped 50 million. With hits such as: Ballroom Blitz, Fox On the Run, Little Willie, Blockbuster and Love is Like Oxygen, the group has performed for hundreds of thousands of fans in these last two years. The reformed group recently released a live CD, “Live in America”, which has been received with critical acclaim.
• As a session and performing musician who has recorded or shared the stage with countless icons, which, by itself, shows the multitude of his musical diversity, credibility and expertise. These legendary musicians are as follows: Keith Emerson, Rick Derringer, Larry Carlton, Brothers Johnson, Uli Jon Roth, Slash, Steve Lukather, Robbie Krieger (The Doors) Les Paul, Larry Graham (Sly) just to name a few.
• As a guitarist, songwriter and vocalist. In 2002 he began to lay down tracks to his own CD and, while he finished the work in late 2003, it went unreleased due to the powers that be. Richie was joined on this CD titled “Three Wishes” by a group of top line support musicians whose credits included Eric Clapton and the Eagles. Shortly after the completion of “Three Wishes”, he performed live with his troupe at festivals throughout California, and was pleasantly surprised at how the crowds enthusiastically reacted to the music and, most of all, the messages that the songs conveyed.
• An entrepreneur and businessman, Richie launched a fashion line for musicians in January 2005. The brand name being – of course – “Onori”, has been a global success. The brand is now carried in over 22 countries world-wide as well as in 2000 stores throughout the United States. The product line has sold millions of units, which further fortifies the Onori brand name overall.
• As a visionary, Onori believes (from a significant spiritual experience in 1990) he is destined to play a role as an artist in the global community.